Odds & Ends
1) "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people." John F. Kennedy
2) "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country." John F. Kennedy
3) A lie doesn’t become truth,
Wrong doesn’t become right,
and evil doesn’t become good,
just because it is accepted by a majority. Author unknown
4) 2 Corinthians 13:8 "For we can do nothing against the truth, but only for the truth."
5) Second amendment: http://www.youtube.com/embed/w8Sbf_piIQQ?feature=player_detailpage
6) OREGON ABIGAIL ADAMS Voter Education Project: http://www.oregonabigailadams.org/
candidate comparison guide: http://bit.ly/OAA2016-USSENATE
7) Teach your children about tax: eat 40% of their ice cream!
8) Red Skelton’s Pledge of Allegiance:
9) Kate Smith introduces "God Bless America"
10) Presidential prayers:
President Franklin D. Roosevelt leading the nation in prayer over the radio on June 6, 1944 (D-Day). His prayer began like this:
"Almighty God: Our sons, pride of our Nation, this day have set upon a mighty endeavor, a struggle to preserve our Republic, our religion, and our civilization, and to set free a suffering humanity. Lead them straight and true; give strength to their arms, stoutness to their hearts, steadfastness in their faith. They will need Thy blessings …"
President Ronald Reagan once gave this prophetic word to his countrymen: "If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under."